Wednesday 18 June 2014

Inspiration from Lynne


Good morning I hope you are all enjoying the Summer weather.

Today we have some inspiration from Lynne who is sharing two of her favorite creations from the past year and she has written a lovely post so I will hand over to her.......................

The first of my favourite creations from the past year or so was easy to choose: the altered mirror which I posted on my blog in February here.


The main reason for choosing this was the sense of achievement I gained from actually having completed the project! I had had the mirror in my stash for several years, and kept promising myself that I would get round to using it at some point. It took a while, but I did it in the end. I think it was the pretty Botanica papers (from Craftwork Cards) that finally spurred me into action, as the subject matter really appealed to me.

I still have two more blank mirrors, but I am making no promises as to when they might find themselves transformed!

My favourite project is often the one I am currently working on or have just finished, so I had to think a bit harder about my second for this post. I eventually decided on the altered domino pendants I made for pay-it-forward gifts, in November last year. I described them on my blog here.


Again, I had had the blank dominoes for years, longer even than the mirrors! I guess I was waiting for a reason to use them! I like making things in miniature, especially little scenes and landscapes. I think that stems from years of having to work in a room barely bigger than a cupboard, with a space of about 6 square inches on my desk to craft in. I have a lot more space now, but still tend to work on a small scale. I think a large blank canvas would scare me!

I also love working with alcohol inks, and jewellery making, which both came together in this project.

Thank you so much Lynne I am sure everyone enjoyed your post as much as I did.

4 comments:

Wendy L said...

Two lovely projects, xxx

SD pooja said...

Beautiful creations...

vic said...

Simply gorgeous ;)

Vic x

pinky said...

You have an amazing talent Lynne, gorgeous projects.